About the Executive Director
Robert M. Keiser began his tenure as the executive director of Southeastern College/Institute in June 2016. An experienced higher education innovator and leader, Keiser was named Southeastern’s fifth executive director following his role as the campus president at Southeastern College’s West Palm Beach campus.
In just five years, Keiser has led Southeastern through a period of sustained growth and development that has seen the school’s student population increase by 65 percent. In 2020, Southeastern College expanded its offerings with new degree programs in business and technology at its campuses in Florida and South Carolina. The same year, the school began enrolling for its first bachelor’s degree, a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN). In 2020, Southeastern’s growth was recognized when the Charleston campus earned a Roaring Twenties award, as one of the fastest growing companies in South Carolina, from SC Biz News.
In addition to Southeastern College’s growth, Keiser’s tenure has been marked by a commitment to developing unique and positive cultures at each campus. This commitment culminated in 2018 when Southeastern College was named the Florida Association of Postsecondary Schools and Colleges’ School of the Year, and was reaffirmed when Southeastern College was named one of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel’s Top Workplaces for 2020.
During his tenure, Southeastern College has been recognized for its academic excellence in multiple programs:
- Niche 2021 Best Colleges: Top Surgical Technologist Degrees in Florida
- Niche 2021 Best College: Top Massage Therapy program in South Carolina
- Medical Assisting Advice: 2020 – Top Medical Assisting Programs in Florida
- Pharmacy Technician Guide: 2020 – No. 5 Pharmacy Technician Schools
- org: 2020 – Best LPN Programs in Florida
- com: 2020 – No. 2 Best Surgical Technology Colleges in Florida
- com: 2020 – No. 3 Best Medical Assisting Colleges in South Carolina
- Southeastern Institute campuses in South Carolina ranked among the best institutions of higher learning in the state for return on investment (ROI) according to a study published by Georgetown University’s Center on Education and the Workforce in 2019
Prior to joining the Southeastern leadership team, Keiser held various roles in higher education. His experiences include admissions, financial aid, academics, media and governmental relations, and student services. His previous work experience outside of post-secondary education includes roles in wealth management at U.B.S. Financial Services, business development at Skanska USA, and working for Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen in her congressional office in Washington, D.C.
Keiser is the current president-elect of the Florida Association of Post-Secondary Schools and Colleges (FAPSC). He is also a member of the Florida Commission for Independent Education’s Rules Committee and Accreditation Committee. He has served as a keynote speaker at numerous post-secondary conferences including those hosted by FAPSC and Career Education Colleges and Universities (CECU). His work is frequently published by Career Education Review and he has appeared on a series of educationally focused podcasts.
Keiser completed both his bachelor’s and Master of Science in Business Administration (MBA) at The George Washington University in Washington, D.C., and is a Ph.D. candidate in higher education leadership at Capella University.
Robert Keiser in the Media