Dear Southeastern Family,
The Office of the Executive Director is and has been very aware of the COVID-19 pandemic and is concerned for the health and wellbeing of our faculty, staff and students. Two weeks ago, we created a task force made up of institutional leaders and medical professionals to guide the institute in its response to this virus. We are monitoring each campus’s local community to be able to appropriately respond to any potential problem. However, we believe it is in the best interest of our institution that all campuses operate in a normal fashion unless specific circumstance require immediate action. Please contact your campus president if you become aware of specific threats. In the meantime, please follow these guidelines to help prevent the spread of all communicable diseases:
Promote everyday preventive health behaviors on and off campus:
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue. If you don’t have a tissue, cough and sneeze into the inside of your elbow, not your hands.
- Stay home when sick.
- Faculty, please work with students to accommodate completion of tests and assignments if time is missed due to illness.
- Please notify your campus president directly of any infirmity concern.
- Wash hands often with soap and water. If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- We are having the cleaning crew clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces (i.e. doorknobs, tables, bathrooms, common areas, etc.).
Please use the following resources for more information on COVID-19:
Florida Department of Health Hotline: 1-866-779-6216
Please be aware that we are monitoring the CDC website and the Johns Hopkins COVID-19 heat map; I recommend that you do the same, and follow all directives to ensure up-to-date information.
Thank you for your continued support of the Southeastern Institute community.
Robert Keiser, Executive Director
Southeastern College and Southeastern Institute